[SOLVED] Should I upgrade to a 2080 Ti with a i7 7700k?

Aug 3, 2020
I want to upgrade my GPU. I have a MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB. I recently got 2 monitors and noticed my fps dropping and some games that used to run at high fps now barely run 60. I wanted to upgrade to a 2080 ti as i read that it is good, but I also read that it will bottleneck the cpu. I was wondering if having 2 monitors will prevent the bottlenecking to happen? My monitors are an Acer predetor Xb272 27" and Acer Cb272 27".

Solution
It'll be fine. Sure, at lowish details, the 2080Ti would push enough frames to be an issue for the cpu to pre-render so many. But this'll also be game dependent and how cpu intensive it is in other areas where cpu frame pre-rendering might not be much of an issue.

2070 super would also be a big step up from the 1060 and provide a budget for dual channel ram if running single atm.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It'll be fine. Sure, at lowish details, the 2080Ti would push enough frames to be an issue for the cpu to pre-render so many. But this'll also be game dependent and how cpu intensive it is in other areas where cpu frame pre-rendering might not be much of an issue.

2070 super would also be a big step up from the 1060 and provide a budget for dual channel ram if running single atm.

Solution
Nvidia has stopped manufacturing the 2080Ti because they are re-tooling everything for the new 3080Ti/3090. Not only will the 30XX cards be out very soon, but whatever stock of 2080Tis is left has been heavily marked up; you're better off waiting.

Aug 3, 2020

I know I am asking maybe some dumb questions but I am new to building computers. So my CPU will be bottlenecked a little but other than that it should be fine depending on the game?