[SOLVED] Should I upgrade to a 3080 from a 5700xt

Slothz

Commendable
May 21, 2020
Just wondering if I should bother as I am only getting 50-60fps at a mix of medium and high settings on my 1440p ultrawide.i have 7th Gen I 7 the K skew on a h270 board and 2666mhz I realise that this ram is not day and needs an upgrade but it is the highest my board supports. So I would need a new CPU mono and of course ram.

Solution
Yes the 3080 upgrade would give you a massive increase in FPS especially at 4k, Your CPU is plenty powerfull enough, how much ram do you have ? 2666 speed is fine, if you have 16gb+ you dont need ram upgrade either

bishopi5

Distinguished
Yes the 3080 upgrade would give you a massive increase in FPS especially at 4k, Your CPU is plenty powerfull enough, how much ram do you have ? 2666 speed is fine, if you have 16gb+ you dont need ram upgrade either

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah i think so too. 120Hz would warrant it.

What games do you play that the 5700XT only gets 60fps in? Any chance you can drop res/details lower to see how many fps you get to gauge cpu's usage? Just to get an idea of the cpu's fps cap.

frederickalliston

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 12, 2020
AMD's new flagship graphics card is a third faster than 5700, which means it will be able to keep up with Nvidia's new flagships. True, not the fact that with the fastest of them.

I would suggest you have real reviews to finally decide to upgrade or not.