1)Zotac Gtx 960 4gb dual fan
P.S~not amp edition.
2)Intel i3 4150
3)Seagate barracuda 500gb
4)Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4gb @ 1600mhz
5)Corsair CX600 PSU
6)Some cooler master case
7)LG optical drive

I get unexpected fps in games. Most of the games stutter in my pc. I think my processor bottlenecks my gpu, Plz suggest how do i increase my fps to a certain extent. Im tight on my budget so plz dont recommend very expensive processors. If you think some amd processor is good do suggest that too. Im a beginner at all this.

Solution

Something's wrong there. No way your CPU should be sitting at 20% usage with nothing open except on the odd occasion where you have something running the the background like updates or a virus scan.

With nothing open, Open Task Manager, choose "More Details", and sort via CPU usage. Which processes are burning your CPU clocks? You might need to do some Googling to figure out what the process is, because they're not always obviously named.

If it's not obviously what the...
I agree - the 960 is much more likely to be a problem before the i3... though it will absolutely depend on the game.

What games aren't working well for you? Are there any that do behave well?

I'd be starting with regular troubleshooting steps: updating drives, monitoring temperatures and CPU + GPU utilisation while gaming, etc.

guptakoshal

Commendable
May 19, 2016
My cpu usage always remains high. In idle state it is around 20%. In game it becomes around 100 and it stutters. But when its about 80% the game runs smoothly. I just wanted to know is my processor bottlenecking my gpu? If yes which processor should i go for?

Something's wrong there. No way your CPU should be sitting at 20% usage with nothing open except on the odd occasion where you have something running the the background like updates or a virus scan.

With nothing open, Open Task Manager, choose "More Details", and sort via CPU usage. Which processes are burning your CPU clocks? You might need to do some Googling to figure out what the process is, because they're not always obviously named.

If it's not obviously what the offending program/process is, run a full virus scan, because it's possibly malware. If you don't have one use of the free virus scans from a reputable AV company. Download and run Spybot and CCleaner too. After those, see if you've still got something burning CPU cycles.

Solution