[SOLVED] Should I upgrade to R5 5600x

ahmansour

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I currently have this build
R5 2600 + B450 Elite V1 + GTX1660+16gb ram 3200 hz (which is only running on 2400 for some reason the xmp is not working on this board or with this cpu idk where is the prb anyway i play comp Valorant )
-----------------------------------------------
I have some money which can let me upgrade the processor , Should i upgrade on this mb or just wait to change the whole build ( the gpu , cpu ,mb)

Solution
The GTX1660 is going to limit your FPS even at 1080P anyway, I'd just save up and wait for a new GPU as well if/when planning on upgrading...

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Waiting would be the best choice for the following reasons. You wouldn't get much of a performance boost because the 5600x wouldn't be used to its full potential even though you could get some more fps on low settings and 1080p. Some YouTubers and tech news people have said the price for ryzen 5000 will drop significantly when intel 12th gen releases because it won't be the latest and greatest and 12th gen, is supposed to offer better price-performance. For now, you could try and get a 30 series card for a decent price and then get whatever CPU and motherboard is best for you at that time

Reactions: ahmansour

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I will be honest i don't like my mb it bothering me so i thought it wont be good with such a powerful cpu

Not really a powerful CPU, just relatively fast. Certainly chips like the 3950x and 5950x that are far more power hungry and with outputs to match.

Fairly high end motherboard, what is it you don't like.

If you want maximum gaming performance today, probably grab a 11900k or wait for the 12600k and 12700k to launch.

Or you can hold out for AMDs 3D cache refresh, should be large boost to IPC from AMD still in the AM4 socket. AM5 won't launch until mid-next year.

Reactions: ahmansour

ahmansour

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Waiting would be the best choice for the following reasons. You wouldn't get much of a performance boost because the 5600x wouldn't be used to its full potential even though you could get some more fps on low settings and 1080p. Some YouTubers and tech news people have said the price for ryzen 5000 will drop significantly when intel 12th gen releases because it won't be the latest and greatest and 12th gen, is supposed to offer better price-performance. For now, you could try and get a 30 series card for a decent price and then get whatever CPU and motherboard is best for you at that time
Not really a powerful CPU, just relatively fast. Certainly chips like the 3950x and 5950x that are far more power hungry and with outputs to match.

Fairly high end motherboard, what is it you don't like.

If you want maximum gaming performance today, probably grab a 11900k or wait for the 12600k and 12700k to launch.

Or you can hold out for AMDs 3D cache refresh, should be large boost to IPC from AMD still in the AM4 socket. AM5 won't launch until mid-next year.
I have a problem with the xmp which is too common with this mb so unfortunately i can't get the max performance with my Amd cpu thats why im concerned about updating my cpu on the same mb

ahmansour

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Other thing, do you have the latest bios?
yes i have ... it can't work on 3200mhz as the cpu doesn't support that so i can change it to 2933mhz and the pc will boot fine but after this when i play i get bsod
if i disable it the pc will work fine without any crash
idk how to tune the voltage and these things (i just modify the freq.) if u can help me with it would be great

TRENDING THREADS