mraazx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
Hello Experts ,
So I know this question may sound lame but still its bothering me so I need expert help from this community.
This is my rig :
CPU : Core i3 8100 3.6Ghz
Mobo : Asrock 310M-M.2
Ram : Gkill Riljaws 16GB(8x2) 2400
GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
PSU : Antec Neo Eco 550 80+ Bronze
SSD : WD Green 120GB
HDD : Toshiba 2TB
I know my rig is very budget friendly but this has served me for past 1.5 years really nice. I have been playing and working (mostly photoshop and office ) on this rig without any problems . Most games on high settings i get 60 fps.
Now The problem is for upcoming games like cyberpunk , avengers , dying light 2 will my rig handle that I have this weird feeling i need to upgrade but if its not that necessary I don't want to till 2021. Is this will be a good decision ?
Any comment will be highly appreciated

Reactions: MagBoi
Solution
And, building on what kiss-method said, when the Ryzen 4000 series comes out, remaining 3000 series CPUs should be pretty heavily discounted as well. The waiting game could pay off for you that way in the longer run.

MagBoi

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Hello Experts ,
So I know this question may sound lame but still its bothering me so I need expert help from this community.
This is my rig :
CPU : Core i3 8100 3.6Ghz
Mobo : Asrock 310M-M.2
Ram : Gkill Riljaws 16GB(8x2) 2400
GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
PSU : Antec Neo Eco 550 80+ Bronze
SSD : WD Green 120GB
HDD : Toshiba 2TB
I know my rig is very budget friendly but this has served me for past 1.5 years really nice. I have been playing and working (mostly photoshop and office ) on this rig without any problems . Most games on high settings i get 60 fps.
Now The problem is for upcoming games like cyberpunk , avengers , dying light 2 will my rig handle that I have this weird feeling i need to upgrade but if its not that necessary I don't want to till 2021. Is this will be a good decision ?
Any comment will be highly appreciated

Is the cpu bottlenecking you?

MagBoi

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Not really no bottlenecking so far

If you're not tight on money, I think it would be a good idea if you want a smooth experience, and a guarantee that the games will most definitely run nicely, in the upcoming AAA games, but I definitely think that the i3 8100 is going to run the games, so doubt it'll be totally necessary.

So to sum it up, if you have the money, go for it.

Reactions: mraazx

mraazx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
If you're not tight on money, I think it would be a good idea if you want a smooth experience, and a guarantee that the games will most definitely run nicely, in the upcoming AAA games, but I definitely think that the i3 8100 is going to run the games, so doubt it'll be totally necessary.

So to sum it up, if you have the money, go for it.
Thanks for the great suggestion . To be honest for the money part i am in between like I can spend but still as we all are in great danger because of Covid - 19 I also think that maybe I should not spend extra money now just in case I might need it later . I am from a very poor country and luckily I still have my Job so far. In my mind it was Ryzen 3600 + Msi Mortax Max if I upgrade

MagBoi

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks for the great suggestion . To be honest for the money part i am in between like I can spend but still as we all are in great danger because of Covid - 19 I also think that maybe I should not spend extra money now just in case I might need it later . I am from a very poor country and luckily I still have my Job so far. In my mind it was Ryzen 3600 + Msi Mortax Max if I upgrade

I would recommend going with the tomahawk instead, unless your case only support m-atx, then yeah, stick to the mortar, if you are going to upgrade. But yeah these are scary times, so maybe it would make more sense for you to make the upgrade when things are something close to normal again, and closer to the games actual release. But I definitely think you should upgrade eventually.

mraazx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2020
honestly, if you're doing alright with your rig right now, keep it going, milk it. 4th gen ryzen is on it's way, if you wait, you'll at least have a choice between that and the 3rd gen.
Thanks for the reply ! Yes I think I will wait maybe Zen 3 will provide much better performance in lower budget also

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
And, building on what kiss-method said, when the Ryzen 4000 series comes out, remaining 3000 series CPUs should be pretty heavily discounted as well. The waiting game could pay off for you that way in the longer run.

Solution