Should i upgrade to win 10 educational

Elegost3000

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014
I have the option to upgrade to win 10 educational because my university is giving a licensed one to every student an i would be upgrading from 8.1,i use my pc mainly for gaming and internet and i like to keep my os down to basics since i don t like anything that isn t needed running in the backround,so will this educational version limit my gaming use in any way or does it have some annoying quirks that i don t know it has

Solution
I agree. Download the windows 10 media creation tool, and tell it to do an upgrade workout deleting anything. If it all works you'll have an activated copy of Windows 10. You could always create a Windows 10 USB and it may pick up the windows 8 key and install it clean.

If neither of those work, then you could go for the educational edition, but most of the last systems I've messed with the upgrade still worked.
Last I saw you can still do the free W10 upgrade, Microsoft never really turned it off they just stopped advertising the fact.

In answer to your question no W10 edu is really meant school computers on the school network not for regular home users. Plus there's the danger that the key could be locked to the school and not you personally. Which could create unforeseen problems down the road.

I agree. Download the windows 10 media creation tool, and tell it to do an upgrade workout deleting anything. If it all works you'll have an activated copy of Windows 10. You could always create a Windows 10 USB and it may pick up the windows 8 key and install it clean.

If neither of those work, then you could go for the educational edition, but most of the last systems I've messed with the upgrade still worked.

Solution