Should I upgrade to windows 10 becouse of 7th gen of intel cpu?

M1suc1k

Honorable
Oct 24, 2016
Hello!
So I have 7th generation of i5 processor (7400) and I have windows 7. I switched it from windows 8.1 and now, games likr csgo are on jighrr framerates but there are fps drops and gta 5 runs so slowly than before. Should I upgrade to win.10? I read some of the discussions and there was an answer tjat says: 7th generation of intel proccesor will be no longer supported on win 7. Btw i have directx 12 graphics card too (1050 ti) and 8 gb ram, 650w psu...
Thanks for answers!

Solution
It's still free, until December 31st. Upgrade it and Windows 10 will then always automatically activate on that machine.

If you don't like it and decide to roll back to Win 7 (which is very simple to do), the zeffy patch allows WindowsUpdates to work with your Kaby lake processor. Then you can use Windows 7 for the two years it's still supported, and hope Windows 10 will be better by then.

nmb255

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I hate to say it, but you should of switched to Windows 10 back when it was a free upgrade. For gaming you may see a some improvements and stability as you seem to already know.

It's still free, until December 31st. Upgrade it and Windows 10 will then always automatically activate on that machine.

If you don't like it and decide to roll back to Win 7 (which is very simple to do), the zeffy patch allows WindowsUpdates to work with your Kaby lake processor. Then you can use Windows 7 for the two years it's still supported, and hope Windows 10 will be better by then.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS