[SOLVED] Should i upgrade to windows 8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
Hello guys, my system specifications are 4gb ddr2 ram, core 2 duo e7500 processor 2.93 ghz, 500 gb ssd, nvidia geforce gt 710 gddr3 2gb. I currently have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version. I have heard that windows 8.1 is lighter than 7. First of all, my priority is playing games (don't laugh at me as everyone cannot get high end pc) so considering that, should i upgrade to windows 8.1 or not, will it have any negative impact on fps?

Solution
elaborate please
There is no way to tell exactly if your "FPS" will change up or down, especially at the level of "1 FPS".
It might get better. But that may be due to just a fresh OS install, and not changing from Win 7 to 8.1.
Or it might get worse.

Good luck.

Lutfij

Titan
It's not lighter and by all means if that's what you heard, then Windows 10 is even...lighter. As time rolls on, OSes see updates and revisions to said OS, meaning some bugs are ironed out, essentially more features are added or removed which can and will impact the responsiveness of a system.

I think you can upgrade to Windows 10, with your current license key. Make and model of your motherboard? You might be better off not playing games on that system since the PSU in that unit might already be on it's way out.

ROCK BAND

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
i will get win 10 after buying ssd after 2 months but until i want to upgrade os for better look and win 8.1 is good on hdd, but i fear that will win 8.1 decrease my fps in games or not just one answer please.

USAFRet

Titan
What happened to this i5-9600/RTX 2080ti system?

Status
Not open for further replies.