Question Should I upgrade?

Noix1

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
Hi all,
Ive had my pc for a while now, and never really know if I should upgrade parts or not, with everything getting upgraded all the time. Been playing a lot of games lately (warzone, gta etc) and was also thinking of getting a 144hz monitor. Will the 1060 be able to handle 144hz and a 4k monitor or should I upgrade to something newer? I was also considering another ram stick but then I don't know if it's even necessary.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Current Specs:
Amd Ryzen 5 1600x
Gtx 1060 6gb
2 x 8gb Ram
Asus Prime b350 Plus

Last edited:
Does that mean you're only having 1 RAM stick right now? If so then you're running in single channel memory instead of dual channel. If you do have 1 stick you should buy a 2x8GB RAM Kit. Running in single channel with 1 stick instead of 2 sticks in dual channel is not a small performance difference. It can be as high as ~30% fps increase in some titles.

Noix1

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
Does that mean you're only having 1 RAM stick right now? If so then you're running in single channel memory instead of dual channel. If you do have 1 stick you should buy a 2x8GB RAM Kit. Running in single channel with 1 stick instead of 2 sticks in dual channel is not a small performance difference. It can be as high as ~30% fps increase in some titles.

The GTX 1060 is not a 4K card. To be quite honest here to run 144HZ 4K you will need the best GPU on the market and even that card can't run the games at 144 FPS 4K stable.

Its 2 x 8gb ddr4 sticks

Last edited: