[SOLVED] Should I use 2 x 6+2 or the one that came with the power supply?

Mar 7, 2022
I have the ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC LHR 12GB for my graphics card and my PSU is the Corsair RMX series 850x watt. For my extension cables I have the asiahorse 18 awg psu extensions. For my case I have the Corsair 465x case. I wanted to make my pc have a white design and these extensions seemed to make it look nice but I was wondering if I should use two 6+2 cords for my graphics card or just the one that comes with the psu. I also want to make sure I can use these extensions for my core i9 with the motherboard.

ASIAHORSE:
ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC LHR 12GB
Corsair RMX series 850x watt
Corsair 465x Case
Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi

Intel i9 9900k

Last edited:
Solution
Don't use extensions. They cause stability issues with high power GPUs. Use replacement cables like this.

High power GPUs should always be connected with at least 2 seperate PCI-e cables.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Don't use extensions. They cause stability issues with high power GPUs. Use replacement cables like this.

High power GPUs should always be connected with at least 2 seperate PCI-e cables.

Awesome answer, my first thought was 'This is the way' but then I saw the price of the cable. ($109) - That's almost the price of the PSU...(Still can't argue it's the best answer though...)

Mar 7, 2022

So would my asiahorse damage my gpu? Should I just use the cables that came with the psu?
Would it be ok to use the asiahorse until the replacement cables are delivered or should I use the psu cables until then?