Should I use a high static pressure fan for this case?

TwistedTSX04

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have an nMEDIAPC ATX HTPC Case, Model 6000B. I'm upgrading everything from PS to MB and cpu. The case fans also need replacing after constantly running over the years. I already replaced the 2x 80mm exhaust fans on the back of the case. There is one 120mm intake fan on the front left side of the case as shown in the below picture. I circled the fan where it is. There is on option to add another 120mm intake fan in the exact same spot on the opposite side of the case. As you can see, the HD cage is right next to the fan. Now I've never used high static pressure fans before but is this the situation where one should be used? This was my first htpc build and all my other towers I've built use regular air flow fans. What do you guys think? Thanks!

6000B_HTPC_Case_zps1sxbcjie.jpg

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
Limited option on that tight space, those 80mm exhaust fans may not suck enough air in time so after long use the build up warm air will slowly reduce CPU air cooler performance. If I were you I'd loose front cage or hard mod dremel to give space for 120mm fan.