[SOLVED] Should i use fast startup?

Solution
I've heard that fast startup has been causing problems. Should I keep using it? I use an ssd to boot.

Fast startup normally only helps speed up PC with hdd, an ssd is fast enough to be able to load everything with very little delay at startup. You probably won't notice a great difference in turning it off.

If you have fast startup on, the PC is only ever fully turned off during the restart operation. Or if you unplug it. Since Fast startup saves a copy of drivers and windows files into ram at shutdown, it means there is always a constant power stream running through motherboard, and if you unplug PC while its off, there is a small chance it will corrupt files

I always have it off as I always unplug my PC if there are...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I've heard that fast startup has been causing problems. Should I keep using it? I use an ssd to boot.

Fast startup normally only helps speed up PC with hdd, an ssd is fast enough to be able to load everything with very little delay at startup. You probably won't notice a great difference in turning it off.

If you have fast startup on, the PC is only ever fully turned off during the restart operation. Or if you unplug it. Since Fast startup saves a copy of drivers and windows files into ram at shutdown, it means there is always a constant power stream running through motherboard, and if you unplug PC while its off, there is a small chance it will corrupt files

I always have it off as I always unplug my PC if there are storms around as I only have one and its easier to unplug it than to waste a power surge on my Power cable (saves buying a new power board).

Fast startup only really causes problems if you have old hardware in PC that doesn't have drivers that work with Win 10. If you aren't having any problems now, its up to you.

Solution
Jul 14, 2020
I have it turned on but never faced a problem. You can try it out. If you face a problem you can turn it off. However, as @Colif mentioned it has little impact on devices with SSD. I have it turned on since forever and since it's working fine I don't bother changing it.

noel_prg_la1979

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
fast startup might be ok for many modern PCs but definitely disable that on old PCs that were made several years before Win10 came out

"fast startup" when enabled does a "pseudo" hibernation when normally shutting down the PC and when turning on the computer it boots up the win10 OS fairly quickly