[SOLVED] should i use intel rapid start and rapid storage technology ?

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
hi, my cpu i5-4670k, gpu - zotac 1050ti mini, mobo- gigabyte z87x-ud3h, bios version F10b, psu corsair cs650m , ram 4x4gb @1600 mhz, MX 500 500gb ssd,windows10, cabinet cooler master haf 912, cpu cooler-Hyper 212X
should i use intel rapid start and rapid storage technology ? will it give me any noticable performance boost?

popatim

Titan
No, you have an MX500 so neither one will do you much good.

Rapid start is like Fastboot. Win10 & your motherboard probably have that covered.
Rapid Storage is the driver & drive manager. You only have the one drive so you don't need the management part of it and the MS driver is just as good as intel's

Reactions: eziowar

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
No, you have an MX500 so neither one will do you much good.

Rapid start is like Fastboot. Win10 & your motherboard probably have that covered.
Rapid Storage is the driver & drive manager. You only have the one drive so you don't need the management part of it and the MS driver is just as good as intel's
thank you so much for replying so fast. just wanna give 1 extra input. aside from mx 500 ssd , i'm also using 1 tb internal wd hdd and i'm using AHCI. will this information change anything in your answer?
here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html intel claiming- "Dynamic storage accelerator accelerates the performance of your SSD by dynamically adjusting system power management policies to deliver up to 15 percent faster performance1 during heavy multitasking compared to default power management". is there any benchmark proof of this?

Last edited: