[SOLVED] Should I use one cable from my PSU to GPU or 2.

Oct 24, 2020
I'm using a Cooler Master Masterwatt 750w bronze and a MSI 2070 S for my PC. When I installed it I used one split cable to connect it to the PSU and that connected to the 8 and 6 pin on the GPU. I haven't had many issues in intense games, I can run at whatever fps I need to, however I usually manually cap it at 120. Regardless, I saw a post that detailed low fps and it was because they only used one cable from PSU to GPU rather than two. I'm not suffering from low fps but should I use a second cable instead of just one?

Solution
I'm using a Cooler Master Masterwatt 750w bronze and a MSI 2070 S for my PC. When I installed it I used one split cable to connect it to the PSU and that connected to the 8 and 6 pin on the GPU. I haven't had many issues in intense games, I can run at whatever fps I need to, however I usually manually cap it at 120. Regardless, I saw a post that detailed low fps and it was because they only used one cable from PSU to GPU rather than two. I'm not suffering from low fps but should I use a second cable instead of just one?
Shouldn't matter, since both cables will run on the same power rail.
Shouldn't matter, since both cables will run on the same power rail.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS