Should I Use PC Until I get New PSU?

TehPixe

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
My PC shuts down whenever I play games and sometimes randomly. Should I wait until around next week and leave my PC off, or will I be fine using it until next week (As in just watching youtube and doing stuff on the internet). So what I am clarifying is that, will the PSU possibly damage the components or not?

Solution
Without knowing what your PSU it is hard to judge.
Safest thing to do is leave it off.

As others have urged, do not go cheap on a PSU, it is the most important part in your computer as a cheap PSU can fry the rest of your computer (so have even started house fires).
A quality PSU can actually output its stated watts (if not a little more), has safeguards in it (like over voltage protection, short circuit protection, etc) to protect your parts from damage, as well as having quality capacitors and other parts that make it built to last.
A cheap PSU wont be able to stably output 60% of its load, and lacks any protections to prevent the PSU from frying the rest of your computer.
How old is your PSU? What brand and model? I agree about leaving it off until your computer is fixed. Please don't go too cheap with the replacement, and be careful of what some computer shops will try to sell you even if it isn't all that cheap. If you go too cheap, you'll have more problems down the road.

Without knowing what your PSU it is hard to judge.
Safest thing to do is leave it off.

As others have urged, do not go cheap on a PSU, it is the most important part in your computer as a cheap PSU can fry the rest of your computer (so have even started house fires).
A quality PSU can actually output its stated watts (if not a little more), has safeguards in it (like over voltage protection, short circuit protection, etc) to protect your parts from damage, as well as having quality capacitors and other parts that make it built to last.
A cheap PSU wont be able to stably output 60% of its load, and lacks any protections to prevent the PSU from frying the rest of your computer.

Solution

Shadyxi

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017

This is exactly what I saw on the forums 2 days ago by someone. Guess what happened? His mobo got fried up. Better wait.