[SOLVED] Should I use the Gigabyte B450m DS3H AM4 with my current build?

Apr 21, 2022
Hello all, I’m currently upgrading my CPU and Motherboard today and having a tough time picking a motherboard. I am upgrading to a Ryzen 5 5600 and need a new motherboard. I was recommended the MSI Thomahawk Max II but it’s a little bit more expensive and will take a while to ship to me but I’m willing to buy it if that’s my best route. I can get the 5600 and the Gigabyte B450m DS3H today for a good price so I was wondering if this motherboard would be good for my system? I’m not sure if it has a m.2 SSD slot though as I’m really not familiar with motherboards, if anyone has other concerns please enlighten me before I pull the trigger.
Here is the other motherboard I was considering
ASUS Prime B450M-A II AMD AM4

if anyone has suggested motherboards please let me know.

Here is my parts list for my current PC for comparison https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8WCqmr

Solution
Hello all, I’m currently upgrading my CPU and Motherboard today and having a tough time picking a motherboard. I am upgrading to a Ryzen 5 5600 and need a new motherboard. I was recommended the MSI Thomahawk Max II but it’s a little bit more expensive and will take a while to ship to me but I’m willing to buy it if that’s my best route. I can get the 5600 and the Gigabyte B450m DS3H today for a good price so I was wondering if this motherboard would be good for my system? I’m not sure if it has a m.2 SSD slot though as I’m really not familiar with motherboards, if anyone has other concerns please enlighten me before I pull the trigger.

if...

Here is my parts list for my current PC for comparison https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8WCqmr
The gigabyte mobo has a m.2 slot for the ssd.

As for it or the asus mobo best to read the reviews.

The Tomahawk Max II is definitely the best among the above three choices. But you could still get by with the other two if not considering overclocking (not such a good idea for Zen3 CPU's anyway).

Be aware, however, the Gigabyte and Asus boards are mATX board while the Tomahawk is a full size ATX and won't fit an mATX case. Your current board is also mATX so you may very well have an mATX case, something to look at closely.

ALL those boards have one M.2 socket for an NVME SSD.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS