[SOLVED] Should I use the side panel fan as an intake or exhaust?

Alrick

Honorable
Nov 23, 2015
I have a Fractal R4 with two fans in the front as an intake, the back as an exhaust, and decided to use the side panel as an exhaust. I did some research and saw that it is suggested to use it as an intake to bring in more cool air for the GPU. I have a 2080 Ti Founders Edition and I know the fans bring in air and the side of the GPU pushes out hot air towards the side panel. Should I just flip the fan around and use it as an intake with no dust filter or should I just close the side panel back up? I do plan on upgrading to an H100i Platinum and going to use it was a top liquid cooling fan. So will having that side panel be useless in the future22?

dimtodim

Reputable
I have a Fractal R4 with two fans in the front as an intake, the back as an exhaust, and decided to use the side panel as an exhaust. I did some research and saw that it is suggested to use it as an intake to bring in more cool air for the GPU. I have a 2080 Ti Founders Edition and I know the fans bring in air and the side of the GPU pushes out hot air towards the side panel. Should I just flip the fan around and use it as an intake with no dust filter or should I just close the side panel back up? I do plan on upgrading to an H100i Platinum and going to use it was a top liquid cooling fan. So will having that side panel be useless in the future22?
But isnt great idea to put side fan to intake air dust come in system super fast...

Reactions: Alrick