[SOLVED] Should i use this motherboard or replace it? It has a bent pci-e slot.

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
View: https://imgur.com/a/2YCfmDb#aAEwvMY

The prebuilt company sent the gpu attached and in transit it bent the pci-e slot.

The company i bought the pc from have sent the mobo for RMA but i don't think the brand will replace.

So i don't know what i should do. They said the pci-e slot was working they tested a gpu on it for 8hrs, so should i just take it as is, or should i buy a new motherboard? Can the bent pci-e slot potentially fry my gpu or cpu?? I don't know what to do if they refuse to replace the motherboard

Solution
Unfortunately your picture does not let me see how bad it is so it would be kinda hard to give you accurate advice. But as a rule of thumb, if the damage to the board is visible with naked eye I would not use it for any serious purpose. At least not the damaged slot - you could possibly still use the second x16 slot.
However it should not matter as the only correct thing that should happen is the company who build it should replace the board since it's their fault. The fact that they didn't that immediately and instead send the board to manufacturer screams scam to me. In big letters. I bet manufacturer will not replace the board as this is clearly physical damage which voids warranty.
"should i buy a new motherboard? "

If they cannot replace it with the same motherboard they should replace it with a new motherboard of equal value.

If they refuse to take responsibility for damage during shipping (which I would find really crappy) you would have to take it up with the shipper.

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
"should i buy a new motherboard? "

If they cannot replace it with the same motherboard they should replace it with a new motherboard of equal value.

If they refuse to take responsibility for damage during shipping (which I would find really crappy) you would have to take it up with the shipper.

Okay. They have sent the motherboard for RMA for now, i don't know what's going to happen. Do you think it would not be smart to use this motherboard?

Unfortunately your picture does not let me see how bad it is so it would be kinda hard to give you accurate advice. But as a rule of thumb, if the damage to the board is visible with naked eye I would not use it for any serious purpose. At least not the damaged slot - you could possibly still use the second x16 slot.
However it should not matter as the only correct thing that should happen is the company who build it should replace the board since it's their fault. The fact that they didn't that immediately and instead send the board to manufacturer screams scam to me. In big letters. I bet manufacturer will not replace the board as this is clearly physical damage which voids warranty.

Solution

omgururani2004

Reputable
Nov 2, 2017
Okay. My 2nd slot runs at pci-e 3.0 x4 sadly so i would need to buy a new board or get it replaced if i want to use my gpu on it.

Let's see, thanks for the insight man, they will give me an update in 1-2 days, i'll keep on insisting them to replace because the damage wasn't my fault. Hope this ends up being good...

TRENDING THREADS