Should I use Vsync or FPS limiter and what refresh rate to use??

Benastro

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Hi,
I have a Nvidia GTX 760 and a 120Hz capable monitor. Without vsync or fps limiter I get anywhere from 40 to 1000fps on minecraft. How should I go about optimising my settings to get the best results? Should I use 60Hz or 120Hz? Should I use Vsync with it? But I heard that has some input lag so I have heard that it's best to play without if you can. Should I limit my fps to something on a certain refresh rate or what?? What are the ideal settings and should I use any of the Nvidia control panel vertical sync settings? On or off?? Should I have the in game Vsync off and then put it on in the nvidia control panel etc or the other way round...or just turn it off altogether and what is adaptive sync and half refresh rate adaptive Vsync??????? What do I do?
Thanks,
Ben

Solution
gtx760 cannot deliver 120hz in newer games... you probably didnt think before buying the display did you..

anyways , for minecraft, since it is an old game, you can probably reach higher framerates.. switch the v-sync on ingame... it will work fine and pretty much sets itself to 120hz automaticaly

gtx760 cannot deliver 120hz in newer games... you probably didnt think before buying the display did you..

anyways , for minecraft, since it is an old game, you can probably reach higher framerates.. switch the v-sync on ingame... it will work fine and pretty much sets itself to 120hz automaticaly

Solution