[SOLVED] Should I wait for RTX 3070 to buy the RTX 2070S ?

AC3B00G13

Reputable
Sep 7, 2020
Hello my question is based on price reduction, I'm not too familiar with the GPU Marketplace and it's economy so I wanted to know if I should wait for the RTX 3070 to come out in October to buy the RTX 2070(Super) for a cheaper price. This is the card I'm looking to buy and I have found one for $446 USD will it get much cheaper than this or am I waiting for nothing ? Thanks

Note: Please keep in mind I'm only looking to buy the RTX 2070S as it is the best for my PC setup and any other higher card will be overkill for me.

Solution
Hello & thanks for your reply, like I said the 2070S Is the perfect card for my hardware. I am currently playing 1080P Monitor and my hardware accordingly. When I do upgrade it will be for another PC build entirely with better hardware n PC case ect. Now my question is will the RTX 2070S go cheaper than $446 after the new 3070 comes out or will it stay in the same price range ? Thanks

First things first, they are not manufactured anymore, so there might be a sale but vendors will try to 'not lose' as much as possible, second, a 3070 will last you til your new build no problemo, specially if 1080p is your deal, it will last. And then, its not like the 2000 series are garbage, but they will not age or price well, when you try...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello my question is based on price reduction, I'm not too familiar with the GPU Marketplace and it's economy so I wanted to know if I should wait for the RTX 3070 to come out in October to buy the RTX 2070(Super) for a cheaper price. This is the card I'm looking to buy and I have found one for $446 USD will it get much cheaper than this or am I waiting for nothing ? Thanks

Note: Please keep in mind I'm only looking to buy the RTX 2070S as it is the best for my PC setup and any other higher card will be overkill for me.

Hi @AC3B00G13,

The 2070S is a great card but the 3070 blows it out of the water and twice on Sunday! So if you don't want a card more powerful than the 2070S due to your current system hardware, don't even give the 3070 a 2nd thought.

However!

If there is even the remotest possibility of upgrading the rest of your system in the semi-near future and you can afford it, but the 3070 to help "future proof" your PC. (Not that there's such a thing, but still..)

Big Navi (and medium Navi too) are also right around the corner. They may be worth a look as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: AC3B00G13

AC3B00G13

Reputable
Sep 7, 2020
If there is even the remotest possibility of upgrading the rest of your system in the semi-near future and you can afford it, but the 3070 to help "future proof" your PC. (Not that there's such a thing, but still..)
Hello & thanks for your reply, like I said the 2070S Is the perfect card for my hardware. I am currently playing 1080P Monitor and my hardware accordingly. When I do upgrade it will be for another PC build entirely with better hardware n PC case ect. Now my question is will the RTX 2070S go cheaper than $446 after the new 3070 comes out or will it stay in the same price range ? Thanks

First things first, they are not manufactured anymore, so there might be a sale but vendors will try to 'not lose' as much as possible, second, a 3070 will last you til your new build no problemo, specially if 1080p is your deal, it will last. And then, its not like the 2000 series are garbage, but they will not age or price well, when you try to sell the 2070 later on its gonna lose a lot of its value.

You seem eager, we all get eager to get new stuff, but this is a no brainer, 3070

Reactions: Mrgr74
Solution