Question Should I wait for the 9th gen Intel low power U-series CPUs for laptops?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
im going to buy a new laptop soon and so i researched for a new laptop
i also search for the cpu itself but the cpu is 2 to 1 year old now maybe ingel may release a new cpu soon
am i going to wait for it or not?

You researched...

Uhm... Where to start...

According to official roadmaps, Intel already has "something new" out there, but not for the USA market AFAIK. They should be releasing a new mobile CPU for the USA market sometime early 2020, so if you want or can wait until then, sure, why not?

If you are not a brand loyalist, then look for AMD's Ryzsen H and U series APUs in notebooks. They're the same, if not better, as their Intel counterparts. I'd be willing to say they're better even.

Cheers!

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
You can always wait for a new CPU/GPU.

If you need a laptop right now, buy a laptop. If you don't really need it right now, sure wait a few months until new components drop.

Might not be a bad idea to look into AMD mobile CPU's, theyre not bad.
so does this mean intel won’t be releasing the 9th gen this year?
if yes i will buy a laptop this year

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
You researched...

Uhm... Where to start...

According to official roadmaps, Intel already has "something new" out there, but not for the USA market AFAIK. They should be releasing a new mobile CPU for the USA market sometime early 2020, so if you want or can wait until then, sure, why not?

If you are not a brand loyalist, then look for AMD's Ryzsen H and U series APUs in notebooks. They're the same, if not better, as their Intel counterparts. I'd be willing to say they're better even.

Cheers!
i can’t wait for that long lmao
i am expecting it to release soon for like maybe next month or 2 thats why i want to wait for it