Should I wait for the new nvidia cards or buy while prices are decent?

May 11, 2018
Hi guys, so a few days ago I mentioned buying a 1080 turbo (asus) and if I should get the asus 1080 strix. I ended returning the 1080 and was going to buy the strix last night until I saw the news about the leak for the 1180. Though I don't think it'd something I really need, should I wait to see what Nvidia rolls out before purchasing the 1080 strix? Price is only about $50 more than msrp, so not bad. But with the rumors of a new lineup coming up, I don't want to end up doing what i always do;buy something only to find out a newer version comes out a month later for almost same price lol. Is it worth it to wait? I've seen the amount of miners taunting how they'll buy all the new ones out and increase the prices as soon as it launches and I know they troll but it's a possibility.

Oh last question : is a gtx 1070 ti better than a gtx 1080 8gb? Prices are the same atm and I've heard it can do better but curious. Thank you all

Solution
depends mate,if u really cant hold your passion to playing now,my suggestion just buy any GPU u like,but if u want hold your money its fine,maybe new gen GPU release in Q4 2018,but who knows
well still better gtx 1080 mate

tubagznyven

Distinguished
depends mate,if u really cant hold your passion to playing now,my suggestion just buy any GPU u like,but if u want hold your money its fine,maybe new gen GPU release in Q4 2018,but who knows
well still better gtx 1080 mate

Solution