[SOLVED] Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all!

Word on the street is the new Windows version 21H1 is planned to come out this month.

I don't want to install 20H2 only to have to do a big update a few days later, don't like installing Windows on top of Windows, always has little issues that trigger me like leaving files behind, resetting settings or reinstalling bloatware among other things.

So should I wait or go ahead with 20H2?

I'm assuming 21H1 will most likely be riddled with bugs and instability on launch, because it's new right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be out this week. SO I would wait a few days.

21H1 isn't adding any exciting new features, its actually enabling features already installed that aren't turned on yet

The only notable tweaks are around camera support in Windows Hello, performance improvements in Windows Defender Application Guard, and some changes around the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) for remote-working scenarios.

Reactions: Vellaura

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
it could be out this week. SO I would wait a few days.

21H1 isn't adding any exciting new features, its actually enabling features already installed that aren't turned on yet

Ah ok, I will wait then, will it be replacing the current media creation tool? Should I wait to make another new one?

Your assumption is almost certainly incorrect.

:O really? I always thought a new update took time before it was perfected and stabilised.

USAFRet

Titan
:O really? I always thought a new update took time before it was perfected and stabilised.
Not necessarily.

Sometimes, there is an issue that affects some small segment of the population. Of course, news articles make it seem like the sky is falling for everyone.

In every single WIn 10 Update, since Day 1 of the original TechPreview, none of my systems have had any issues.

Reactions: Vellaura

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Not necessarily.

Sometimes, there is an issue that affects some small segment of the population. Of course, news articles make it seem like the sky is falling for everyone.

In every single WIn 10 Update, since Day 1 of the original TechPreview, none of my systems have had any issues.

ok cool, supposedly Tuesday is a update day so I'll wait before I do a fresh install.