[SOLVED] Should I wait to upgrade? Are prices going up or down?

spartanjack321

Reputable
Mar 24, 2018
I have a 1070ti right now, but want a 3080, not too keen on spending £750ish though but not completely against it. I'd like to hear some oppinions and predicitons and perhaps even arguements on wether you think the prices will drop or raise in the future.
Should I wait or should I BUY BUY BUY!!!

spartanjack321

Reputable
Mar 24, 2018
I agree with hotaru.hino, if you want something now and you can afford it then get it.

Keep always in mind that no matter if its current gen or soon to be launched one, you need to be sure your PSU will be able to handle.
Well yes I can afford but would rather spend less than more if possible. My question was wether you think it will go up or down in price this year

Well yes I can afford but would rather spend less than more if possible. My question was wether you think it will go up or down in price this year
We'd all like to spend the cheapest amount possible, but the overall point is we can't predict with any practical degree of precision what the price will be in the near future.

But with the next generation of video cards lined up for the end of the year, this is likely the lowest the RTX 30 series will be price wise until the next generation is a month or two into the wild.

Reactions: RodroX and Phaaze88
The price segment you are interested in will be affected by AMD new GPUs announcement (on Nov 3 AFAIK). If AMD will set up better prices then NVidia on their new gen it may force cards like 3080 to drop in price. Other then that I don't see any factors that could change its price in nearest future.

Reactions: RodroX
Impossible to predict prices. In theory the 3000 might come down more but then again it might go up. We don't know what stock levels are like, the pound has tanked against the dollar which will push prices and with months of mail strikes scheduled we may see restricted supply through ports.

Reactions: RodroX and Phaaze88

As other members stated already, is imposible for us to know, for once we do not know the stock level of 3000 series, and on the other hand there are new RTX, RX and Intel cards around the corner.

How much preasure does nvidia have to lower the (unknown for us) current stock? is something we can not predict.

Last edited: