Question Should I worry about these scratches on motherboard?

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
You'll need a magnifying glass and a good light angle to determine the level of damage. If you already mounted the board and your computer is running, just leave it as is.

Rogurzz

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
What you are looking out for....could be almost anything.....like crashes....components not working....errors.....blue screens....etc.

If it seems to be working fine I would leave it be.
I havent noticed any ill effects as of yet will there be any long term problems or am i good to go?

Rogurzz

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
You'll need a magnifying glass and a good light angle to determine the level of damage. If you already mounted the board and your computer is running, just leave it as is.
I havent noticed any ill effects as of yet will there be any long term problems or am i good to go?

It seems to work fine but im not sure what issues i should be looking out for.
In that area of the board I'd check your audio. Try all the jacks in both the front and rear panel audio panels, including the optical or digital output jack if it has one. Of course, change volume and listen for distortion. If you can't really check some of them and/or never use them anyway so don't really care...then if working all right otherwise I would just continue using it.

As far as long term: if you're really, really worried AND you live in a high humidity area you might cover the scratches with some clear fingernail polish. Just to seal the board so any moisture that might condense on it there doesn't easily get in.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS