Question Should I worry about these temperatures?

Aug 26, 2019
Hi,

I've recently purchased the below laptop. During gaming on performance mode by ryzen 7 3750H processor has heat spikes regularly of over 95 degrees Celsius. The limit on the processor is 105 degrees but i'm concerned that as a brand new laptop it's already reaching these temperatures. Fans (by volume at least) are operating fine. The GPU is normally around 85 degrees.

Should I return the laptop or are these sort of temperatures par for the course?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...0hz-fhd-r7-3750h-gaming-laptop-lt-28g-as.html

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
only thing i can think of would be bad thermal paste or bad ventilation. i've seen other laptops fresh off the shelf have temperature problems too due to bad thermal paste so i wouldn't be surprised. Other than that i don't have any suggestions.

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
As mentioned above it is likely poor application of paste at time of assembly. obviously taking it apart to re apply would void you warranty. do more research on the exact model. if you are finding a lot of results with high running temperatures its likely that its a common issue with that model. if so get a refund. those temps are extremely high. i also have a ryzen and mine maxes at around 40c under full load. so they aren't really hot running chips. obviously there are compromises with gaming laptops with regards to cooling but really i don't think those temps are safe. maybe try a cooling pad, although very unlikely it would drop the temps drastically