Should my graphics card have 0 voltage?

terminator123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2014
so basically im having problems with my gpu, drivers problem nvlddm, and applications blocking hardware.
i just want to ask a simple question which is my core voltage on msi afterburner supposed to be 0? aND MY power limit 100? ive just been trying to tweak memory clock speeds etc but no success, games crash and pc freezes after 2 mins.
can someone answer this question for me please, cheers.

I notice my problem being fixed temporarily when putting clock to -100 < memory

frag06

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Afterburner voltage is shown as an offset, so when it shows +0, that means it is at stock. Power limit is stock at 100% as well.

Can you list your specs?

terminator123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2014

I still seem to be playing it (AT THE MOMENT fine) and both clocks are at -120.
without them the problem persists.

"EVGA GTX 660, NVIDIA)

terminator123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2014

Oh I see..
my specs:

intel core i7 4970k
evga gtx 660
evga 850w psu
16gb 2400mhz ram
1tb hdd, 250 ssd.

ive also ran memtest and no errors came back etc.

frag06

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Usually when you have to underclock the card, it has become unstable for one reason or another when running at it's rated clock speed. I've seen this happen many times before. Does your card run fine at stock?

That said, what driver are you currently using? Does this happen when MSI AB is closed (fully)? Did you have it overclocked before?

Also, are you still under warranty with EVGA?

terminator123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2014

My card doesn't, without me lowering to -100 it crashes and freeze my pc really quickly, displaying all sorts of error messages in event viewer. Hm.. it used to work fine in my old computer but on this one it doesnt, maybe i damaged the gpu slightly or touched the chips slightly daming a part i dont know, im on windows 8.1, my other pc was windows 7, and im running right now the latest driver > 344.11.
only thing is im not sure if im under warranty, i got it last year from amazon and i cant contact amazon about it.. but evga themselves im ont sure, it depends how much warranty you get with evga products.. sadly :s

with both clock speeds at -100
it doesnt matter whether msi is closed or open, it still works a bit you see.. but if i set to 0, im going to try again right now and see.

it usually freeze my pc and makes sounds (coming from my monitor)
and sometimes randomly (a jack input has been installed) on the bottom right corner.

edit: oh my word, it does it after about 30 seconds if i dont use msi afterburner.. something is wrong definitely. just dont know what
my screen goes black and then "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." or sometimes

"The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
13b9(559c) 00000000 00000000
"

frag06

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

EVGA's standard warranty is 3 years, but that isn't always the case.

Hello... Do you still have the warranty card? Contact info in your ORIG BOX it came in? Send it in now... OR Go to EVGA website for further replacement and/or repair options, get the numbers off the stickers on your Card for serial#'s/warranty/repair for them to process... start RMA with them for your card, pretty painless process, but you need to send your warranty card in first.

frag06

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Yeah, I would email EVGA and see what they can do for you. Having to underclock a card is usually the point where it's time to use the warranty.

terminator123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2014

okay then ill see if i can but idk if ican

but from the things ive told u
what do you think it could be?

Hello... I don't get paid for guess's... I only get paid for results... B )
My Professional "next move" would to be install that video card in another "Good" working computer... only takes me 5 minutes to know a result here... You will not break the "Good" working Computer by doing this... And I can give a fast accurate answer to a customer.
You will need a copy of the OS Video card driver on a USB stick that you are trying/wanting to use also, too install properly.

terminator123

Honorable
Sep 16, 2014

right okay then well ill see what i can do tomorrow