[SOLVED] Should Unplug Android TV

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Hi
I have a Sony android TV, every night I unplug it by power strip switch after turning off TV by remote control ((because I think this increases TV life span) ). My question is unplugging the TV can damage it because it's OS is running in background of it?
If I keep plunged it on stand-by the generated small heat can damage the TV's PSU or other parts?
Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Hi
I have a Sony android TV, every night I unplug it by power strip switch after turning off TV by remote control. My question is unplugging the TV can damage it because it's OS is running in background of it?
If I keep plunged it on stand-by the generated small heat can damage the TV's PSU or other parts?
Thanks
TVs are designed to remain plugged in, so I don't believe there is any damage from that. I also don't believe that any damage will happen from unplugging, although the cord is not really designed to be plugged and unplugged thousands of times. You could eventually damage the power cord.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi
I have a Sony android TV, every night I unplug it by power strip switch after turning off TV by remote control. My question is unplugging the TV can damage it because it's OS is running in background of it?
Thanks
TVs are designed to remain plugged in, so I don't believe there is any damage from that. I also don't believe that any damage will happen from unplugging, although the cord is not really designed to be plugged and unplugged thousands of times. You could eventually damage the power cord.

Reactions: drjackool
Solution