Should W7 be made a free UPGRADE to Vista Owners?

Do you think W7 should be made free to Vista Owners?

• Yes; a free Upgrade would be Nice (Totally made from Vista)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes; but should have to pay a small fee

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No; not at all - (Pay for what you get)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Who Cares long as my pc runs quickly,good, min problems

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tec9

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
:hello:

I also do feel like W7 is the polished up version of Vista.
Wondered if I and one other person were the only ones?
Hmmmm...............

Please take the time to answer this poll. Happy New Years

Voted No. I do think Microsoft could have dropped the price a bit more than they already have between Vista and 7, but it's a new OS. Just because some people think they screwed up the last time, doesn't mean they should have to give out their next product for free.

I voted no as well. After all, if a company had to give out a free new version everytime they "screwed up" the older one... a lot of companies wouldn't exist. Of course, not everyone believes Vista was a bad product either... ran fine on my computers.

Tec9

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks

I personally think that Microsoft can afford to give away 7 to all who have registered OEMs. I have Vista and love it. W7 is also nice. Just make it an add on would be nice. You Get What You Pay For.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
What your asking is like I bought a car two years ago now there is a new model i think i should have it for free!

Its a bit of a naive outlook on life

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
What is wrong with Vista?
I have never had an issue with it
It is generally the nut behind the keyboard that is the cause of most issues.

I run Crysis, FSX COD WAW and anything else I can find with no troubles.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
The only reason 7 looks like a "polished up" Vista is because they use the same UI. The difference is behind the scenes. Win7 is a new kernel with new network, new video, new IO.

DOS 3.0 looks like DOS 6.0! free upgrades!

Nothing. All of the major OEM's completely f**ked Microsoft by delaying their efforts into re-writing their drivers to work under Vista and the new driver model. Nvidia, AMD and Creative were the worst offenders.

But as far as the average user was concerned, Vista was the one bluescreening, so Vista was the one not working right... not the drivers being loaded into it.

I know i'm posting potential flame bait here, but someone has to say it...

Tec9

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

:hello: fowang,

:ouch: without sounding :sarcastic:
No; like cars if there is a defect and enough repairs or claimes are made.
There is usually recall to be repaired or replaced.
In this case (The miss link) to Vista that is.
I have vista and like it!

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I am vista premium, does what I want. Tortured since win98, I have even volunteered with betas to get out of it in a panic...all worth a price, but not a full price, once dived in to the ever changing realm of windows.

looks can't judge win7. who the hell can. you sitting there with a big fat opinion with open source versions of 7 nitpicking through trillions of lines of code?

I voted yes, but small fee..as when critical things need to change, alot of the guts with overlapping generations of OS become the same. For some unknown reason, I have directx 11 installed in my vista.
These "funny" things have been happening since the very first xp...

if you are not vista, go for 7. If you are vista, keep it. no frets, dues paid. Service life is not over.