[SOLVED] Should you go for used GPU with warranty?

May 11, 2019
Is it better to buy used GPU with warranty, say 3 months minimum and 2 years maximum? Available choices are a used ROG Strix RX 570(103 bucks with 2 year warranty), a new 1(156 bucks with 3 year warranty) and a used Sapphire Nitro RX 580 4gb(90 bucks with 3 months warranty). In this scenario, what is the best choice?

Upgrading my pc for the first time, thanks alot guys for your time.

Solution
That depends on some factors not mentioned here:
  • How much discount compared to a new one?
  • How willing are you to take the risk?
  • How important is it that your computer are in working order (i.e. do you have a spare GPU laying around?)
  • And if DOA, are you capable to prove that when/if questioned?

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
Is it better to buy used GPU with warranty, say 3 months minimum and 2 years maximum? Available choices are a used ROG Strix RX 570(103 bucks with 2 year warranty), a new 1(156 bucks with 3 year warranty) and a used Sapphire Nitro RX 580 4gb(90 bucks with 3 months warranty). In this scenario, what is the best choice?

Upgrading my pc for the first time, thanks alot guys for your time.
No never buy used GPU even with warranty. Many times it is a pain to give cards for warranty especially if you don't have centres near you where you can send them. If you can you must go for a new one.

• How important is it that your computer are in working order (i.e. do you have a spare GPU laying around?)

Solution
May 11, 2019
Thanks man, I bought a new Gigabyte AORUS RX 570 4GB.