[SOLVED] Shouldn’t low temps give you more OC headroom ?

indianajune1

Reputable
Jul 31, 2018
Hey guys , so I just did my first OC ever with my aorus 2070 super ( 1905boost stock ) using afterburner OC scanner and I’m only noticing the SLIGHTEST deference especially for my temps. I usually got 1995mhz stock in game and not I’m getting about 2010 when it starts and 2000 when it heats up but I honestly believe that’s just from moving the power limit slider. I didn’t see the boost clock on the dial change we all. I’d chalk it up to my card was high clocked already but I’m temps are 55-65c. Again I’m new to this but shouldn’t I have more to play with if the max temp is 88 ? I will say that if you open the curve and switch profiles back and fourth it does change but very microscopically. Thanks in advance for any help !

Solution
Can't really decipher what settings you're changing in what software to perform your OC, but it doesn't sound like you're getting "deep" enough to say you're squeezing everything you can out of it.

There's also power limits (watts) that will stop you at some point unless you do a custom vBIOS.

There's also silicon limits to how high a chip will actually go, regardles of how much voltage you give it.
Can't really decipher what settings you're changing in what software to perform your OC, but it doesn't sound like you're getting "deep" enough to say you're squeezing everything you can out of it.

There's also power limits (watts) that will stop you at some point unless you do a custom vBIOS.

There's also silicon limits to how high a chip will actually go, regardles of how much voltage you give it.

Solution