Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Weird. Corsairs website only lists MX Speeds for the Rapidfire.

But yea a lot of people love the Blues. They like the feel of them. A bit slower than Reds but more feedback.

g-unit1111

Titan

This was the one that I was using: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816070

And yeah I think it was the MX Speed version. But I do like the Blue switches so far. Very easy to type on and I'm not making as many errors as I did as I did with the Corsair.

As do I.

Yea mistakes are easier on Reds/Speed. It takes so little to actuate the switch. Sometimes I would just rest my finger on a key and it would press lightly and I would move in a game or type the letter.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

I have the very same issue with my KB as well when i rest my finger on the key. So far, only the finger on "D" is the issue and it's most prominent in racing games. It's quite a bit of shock when driving forward and vehicle, out of the blue, makes a hard right turn without me realizing i pressed the key. :D I've almost crashed few times due to that.
Oh, i have Cherry MX Silent switches (Corsair STRAFE RGB).

D

Deleted member 217926

Full on drank the Corsair RGB CoolAid and got the matching mousepad.

a07e06J.jpg

Hopefully image scaling gets fixed soon.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Full on drank the Corsair RGB CoolAid and got the matching mousepad.

a07e06J.jpg

Hopefully image scaling gets fixed soon.
lol, all that money spent on RGB when you could be upgrading either your cooler for higher overclock on that 6700K (assuming it can go further) or a GPU upgrade.
lolololol..... jk jk.
Part of me wants to buy an RGB mousepad, but at the same time the poor kid in me says that money could be better spent on hardware for more performance........ but then again....... moar RGB = moar FPS right? hmmm......
🤔

D

Deleted member 217926

Phanteks PH-TC14PE and an EVGA RTX 2070 XC. CPU-Z didn't save the last update in the transition for some reason. And the mousepad was on sale for $40. That's barely a dent in a pair of Focal Elegias or ZMF Eikons. :p

D

Deleted member 217926

Thanks man. I think so too! I'd been using Steelseries 4HDs the last few times but they discontinued them.

Feb 14, 2019
i bought four nitro plus sapphire , but i only managed to install 3 ! :(

this be my threadripper build :

e6vkaf.jpg

what ya guys think ?

zenith extreme
1900x
amd crossfire with three 570 rx
1300 w psu
64 gb ram
2x 2tb ssd
2x 6tb hdd in spanned volume
etc.

feel free to comment and ask questions indeed

this be my monitor on which i play call of duty indeed

25u6yqu.jpg

it's not a 4k :(

these be my amd crossfire 3 X

13ypb39.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky_SLS

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
February
Bought Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8GB DDR3 1866 Mhz blue RAM for my Haswell build and Verbatim Go Mini mouse for Lenovo laptop.

ycf8kcv.jpg

My laptop mouse: Speedlink Minnit (Lime) next to my wife's laptop mouse: Verbatim Go Mini (Carribean Blue).

7CnWB7C.jpg

Left: old RAM (Crucial 1x 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz). Right: new RAM (Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8GB DDR3 1866 Mhz blue heatsink).
Besides PC build looking considerably better; thanks to the faster, double the amount and dual-channel, PC also performs better as well.

EKs9STQ.jpg

View: http://i.imgur.com/1OjpLN7.jpg

Loop finished finally. Xspc 360mm crossflow and 240mm dual pass, xspc fans, x4 photon 170 pump/res combo, xspc raystorm cpu block, ek gpu block, ek fluid, and soft tubing. Great results!! RTX 2080, max 40c on some light testing. Will do some more solid stress tests soon, but very happy with the results so far. Also got the ssds mounted in the back and the new cablemod cables installed with some decent management finally.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
March
Bought MSI Optix MAG241CR monitor for my Skylake build.

mP0XjT5.jpg

New MSI Optix MAG241CR monitor (left) next to old Topview T2491Wd monitor (right).
Monitor specs;
old: 24", 1080p, TN panel, 60 Hz, 1ms, flat screen, input DVI-D (dual link), adjustable tilt
new: 23.6", 1080p, VA panel, 144 Hz, 1ms, curved screen (1500R), input DisplayPort 1.4, adjustable height and tilt

qmnKlMc.jpg

Day shot of complete setup.
What i love the most about new monitor is the far better color accuracy. While IPS panels have the best color accuracy, i still wanted 1ms response time. So, i went with VA panel which has the best of both worlds: good color accuracy and short response time.

GmRuUCu.jpg

Night shot of complete setup.
Since monitor also has it's own RGB LEDs, colors reflect off the wall. This is especially visible at night time.

xqlHXH6.jpg