Feature Show us Your Case Mods

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, I'll catch up with you via PM regarding that volume/power controller.

I've had that happen to me, where clients would fall out but that's not a reason for me to stop moving forward with a build/project. Your project's need to be showcased in a Fallout themed room/booth. Those mods/items would be fitting in that back drop.

Dare I give you more reasons to enter into modding competitions?

I would love to get into more case mods. A competition would be fun, but I'm not sure how the financing works. Especially the cost of filling a case with components. I don't want to have to do that on my own dime, and the mods I do require very specific/specialized components. If anyone has connections, I'd love to get involved. I have many ideas. This hobby has turned into a passion for me.

There is a "moral dilemma" involved in things like my 1950's radio and 1940's fire extinguisher case mods. These items are straight antique Americana. I don't take lightly to "destroying" them. As I said, my radio can be reassembled, and it's mine, so I know I'll be using it for many many years. The fire extinguisher requires cuts that would "destroy" it (the rear cutout for the mobo IO panel) and it wouldn't remain in my possession. That's a much tougher pill to swallow.

USAFRet

Titan

Your radio, I could see myself doing.The fire extinguisher, however...I'd probably let that go to a collector in its current state.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
http://www.performance-pcs.com/brand--magicool/radiator-size--80mm--40mm--180mm--180mm-triple/
Custom size rads. Link a couple of those slim 80mm top to bottom after running them in a cut-out at the back of the extinguisher. Could even use the pump from something like a FD s24 aio. 6x 80mm fans will supply plenty of airflow as exhausts, needing only natural venting as a intake.

Mar 5, 2019
I posted this in another thread (member systems gallery), but it can go here, too, I guess, since it's more specific.
My Black Widow Tower has an hourglass mod that I did:
Um15HnE.jpg

I used a grinder to cut into the steel door after much measuring (didn't want to mess it up, and
fortunately didn't). I cut some plexiglass to fit, then crafted automobile window molding around
the steel and plexiglass to fashion a rather stable window. Cold Cathode RED lights within shine
out and...voila!...Black Widow Spider's red hourglass.

customgtp

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
pcpartpicker.com
This is my latest build.... What to say.... I've been searching for my staple build and I think this is it. I have been eye balling this Red Bull mini cooler at work for like a year now and have always looked at it and said it would make a great case. I had an opportunity to purchase it and do it so I ran with it, At the end I am really happy, all went well. I have an 7700k and a Gigabyte 1070 ti. I use this in my media room. Mostly media playing and some light gaming. I have more pictures and videos

pcpartpicker page

YouTube Video

249759.f0a6fbcc4f3ba716ea59b64a2d1ab57e.1600.jpg

249759.48653bfb27211de7f10ab1de4e46f56c.1600.jpg

249759.2ca5c31447180f9c3699a9821a8446db.1600.jpg

249759.4a5d1f8b7f790af1287ae9ca3d83c4d4.1600.jpg

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, just gotta say it before anyone else, omfg that thing is insane! Just wondering, on the left side it's indented, would there be room behind that to stick another 240mm back to back in a push-pull-pull config? Might help with temps having the extra rad area and the center fans doin double duty for both rads? It wouldn't be visible that way.

customgtp

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
pcpartpicker.com
The only extra radiator i can possibly put would be a 120mm in the back on the intake that right by the motherboard... Thinking about it. My cpu hits 70 on benchmarks and gaming high 60s. I know thats not bad bit id like to overclock some

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Well, even a additional 120mm can't do anything but help. But OC is funky, a small-medium OC can actually lower temps, cpu stock voltages being as high as they invariably are at auto.

My i7-3770K saw idle/game/stress temps at 3.9GHz stock turbo of 32/60/80, bumped that to 4.6 and lowered voltage from auto (roughly 1.25v) to 1.119v and ended up with 32/55/70 with p95 26.6 small fft. At 4.3 and 1.108v it was 32/50/65.

So I say go for it, try a little OC, see where it gets ya. Nothing extreme of course.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
And you started that project how many thousands of man hours ago? Wow, even my wife was impressed enough to take a second, closer look, and she thinks pc's are more boring than golf. Very, very nice job, and it's clean. Kudos dude.

thorkon

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2012
And you started that project how many thousands of man hours ago? Wow, even my wife was impressed enough to take a second, closer look, and she thinks pc's are more boring than golf. Very, very nice job, and it's clean. Kudos dude.

Ha, It took about a month to print, and about 2 weeks to do all the wiring and installing of the components. It wasn't terrible but it was a little rough for sure. Thanks for the compliments.

Apr 15, 2019
I welcome to everyone... Republic Of Creators, an INWIN A1 build. This INWIN A1 is heavily modified along with a custom RGB controller, custom GPU WB cover, and a whole lot more.

RGB Video:
View: https://youtu.be/84V06tPa66w

The parts list are as follows:
INWIN A1 mini itx Case
Ryzen 2700X
EK Velocity AM4
1080 Strix
Phanteks WB with custom cover (I cracked the first one)
Team Group Extreme 3600mhz 2 x 8
Samsung 970 EVO 256gb
Noise Blocker Fans
Prolimatech Slim Fans
INWIN CS700Watt SFX PSU (Sponsored)
Touchaqua (by Bitspower) fittings
Phobya G1/4 filters
Swiftech fittings
Barrow fittings
PWM Fan Hub

Custom Parts are as follows:
Infinity loop top res (the routes enter opposing chambers utilizing all rads for all parts)
Distro Ring base that feeds the 240 rad beneath the case within the wooden base
Custom dual pumps and top
Direct mount custom back IO plate for the GPU
Custom side and back panel with STRIX engravings
Power button plate with ROG logo with RGB
Inverted GPU mounting (WB facing Up)
Custom Low Profile fasteners
Wood base below flow ring

Thanks to everyone who followed or are viewing this build for the first time!

A big shot out to InWin USA for the support. And also a shout out to all of the awesome part vendors in this build!

EK Water Blocks
Phanteks
Barrowch Barrow
Touchaqua
ASUS Republic of Gamers
ASUS
Swiftech
Noiseblocker
Prolimatech Co., LTD.
Arduino
Nodemcu

Full build gallery:
https://builds.gg/builds/republic-of-creators-an-inwin-a1-build-15513

Pictures:
54969_1000.jpg

55937_1000.jpg

55006_1000.jpg

54994_1000.jpg

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999
My newest idea has me pretty excited. A space heater PC!!! I love it because it's ironic (PC = space heater mantra).

I'd love to see this as a custom loop with both the CPU + GPU going to a front radiator that exhausts out the front. Just like a space heater.
Overall size 10.25"w x 11.875"t x 5.5"d
Circa 1940

YRBBW0uWZ5YcNiupmRi4z3qkeRjikcWAKV0PBEkg2_a7HKK4W3DWWsz-x4lxp6_gCl9pP__b8uwNW0qQECArAviJl3ug7HwoEKwS4btOEHPGl_zKmUIJPocEP6cpGRLK8pMaLx07riihG9Pt-ysf7i5kDBN0qQJ1IVaD5ZdHRcCizZnCmb17VeOwfKSLsXMx0LGrcW05h7wAk-fTUAkrz7kbXZhTon07A2NzOOeULuwSKF0NvNfeR-ZhLAh4XRcToFDycWrY9BwtYxpKSE-VRWIB1aLQdopjWorFEQ_RPYPEHmb6jZsRFTCpEGYlc0V4nHK2ffR6LsvU2XQQxxlbubfIumqaxkVgW57VATU0TYsyzDjanYIoRhkZB5scOGsG1NOelA3I5Cmks-nr_BVRVZ1SXZoteIcX_VJQEWBqLSTOTz0pGMUdusvGTJ-UgltJaZg8aliZcLUDyu51P_IprDTjwTwjx4DyYoFkvdjLOl3iagUJcO8Ob64RnqEYVvXzE_MT7sxVFuoJcq8kKhEyoe6Ozv2uYYZk_DlowK3ZTpiRTbcsQbWfgGa3lcg5GsiFVzVK-B39QXzAPBBOgC3qSs2lmPi5aH-W4jAj5LwVMdbu5seG4S6A67RNGDqPjPo-PBNUDh5lGYo_ZEjLGNsWcLCFkA7vru9HpsqrJ4ibx_dzj9dDMRV7S4paHNMIl38culNcMphc8Upw4nDtQ58tNX5w=w592-h689-no

Anybody want one?

Reactions: Lucky_SLS

WildCard999

Titan
My newest idea has me pretty excited. A space heater PC!!! I love it because it's ironic (PC = space heater mantra).

I'd love to see this as a custom loop with both the CPU + GPU going to a front radiator that exhausts out the front. Just like a space heater.
Overall size 10.25"w x 11.875"t x 5.5"d
Circa 1940

YRBBW0uWZ5YcNiupmRi4z3qkeRjikcWAKV0PBEkg2_a7HKK4W3DWWsz-x4lxp6_gCl9pP__b8uwNW0qQECArAviJl3ug7HwoEKwS4btOEHPGl_zKmUIJPocEP6cpGRLK8pMaLx07riihG9Pt-ysf7i5kDBN0qQJ1IVaD5ZdHRcCizZnCmb17VeOwfKSLsXMx0LGrcW05h7wAk-fTUAkrz7kbXZhTon07A2NzOOeULuwSKF0NvNfeR-ZhLAh4XRcToFDycWrY9BwtYxpKSE-VRWIB1aLQdopjWorFEQ_RPYPEHmb6jZsRFTCpEGYlc0V4nHK2ffR6LsvU2XQQxxlbubfIumqaxkVgW57VATU0TYsyzDjanYIoRhkZB5scOGsG1NOelA3I5Cmks-nr_BVRVZ1SXZoteIcX_VJQEWBqLSTOTz0pGMUdusvGTJ-UgltJaZg8aliZcLUDyu51P_IprDTjwTwjx4DyYoFkvdjLOl3iagUJcO8Ob64RnqEYVvXzE_MT7sxVFuoJcq8kKhEyoe6Ozv2uYYZk_DlowK3ZTpiRTbcsQbWfgGa3lcg5GsiFVzVK-B39QXzAPBBOgC3qSs2lmPi5aH-W4jAj5LwVMdbu5seG4S6A67RNGDqPjPo-PBNUDh5lGYo_ZEjLGNsWcLCFkA7vru9HpsqrJ4ibx_dzj9dDMRV7S4paHNMIl38culNcMphc8Upw4nDtQ58tNX5w=w592-h689-no

Anybody want one?
How many do you have?

firechuchu

Prominent
Dec 15, 2018
Adore my custom GPU backplate! There are Youtube tutorials on how to create your own. I spent less than $10.
Hey everyone,

I'm going to start with my own PC.
A truly work in progress, as i started working on it more than a year ago :D too much work, not enough time.
Still not done as I still need to do the front panel.
The case used to be TT chaser A71.
Here is my mod that fixes the low air flow in the Evolve cases. Its a steel piece I cut out held by magnets I adheared to the case.

hi, I love all of you guyses PC's! May I ask what the specs are? I deleted the pictures also because the posting rules says to do so when commenting on a user's gallery. I'd appreciate it! Looking for a new mobo

How many do you have?
This would be the first of its kind. That said, these heaters seem to be pretty common, but I like the prospect of being "one and only".

I really wish I had sponsors like some of the other builders that have posted here. The custom water loop won't be cheap, and TBH I already have a gaming PC.
I don't need to be the one to fill it with components (I could sell it as a case) but it's certainly more rewarding for me to bring the project to completion.

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan
This would be the first of its kind. That said, these heaters seem to be pretty common, but I like the prospect of being "one and only".

I really wish I had sponsors like some of the other builders that have posted here. The custom water loop won't be cheap, and TBH I already have a gaming PC.
I don't need to be the one to fill it with components (I could sell it as a case) but it's certainly more rewarding for me to bring the project to completion.
That would be nice to have sponsors but at least if you have the tools to do it I would plan it out and slowly work on it. I've been thinking of grabbing an old Geiger counter and seeing if I can make that into a ITX system.

Oct 23, 2019
So I'm starting the journey of my own pc build and thought I'd come on here and check out some of your cases and all I have to say is WOW 😳😯

Some amazing builds!

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
I’m in the process of building a computer out of a silicongraphics indy case, I’m just waiting on the special flex powersupply to complete it, currently it has a msi mini itx motherboard 16gbs of 3000mhz ddr4 a ryzen 2700x a gtx 1070 and a fiio k3 dac.
70GXlhZ7BLOQdPymm1kTe28JnFLQZgaPXaS3D7P1JkNnRX-XP83W6K_sQ-B0JKYktCdQzIwRspJsqAvz6XLWRb_MH4NNExD0gEmwUxDjj6TIa7k6qy86G3g
Though I’m eventually planing on putting a 1080 ti in it.