Show us Your Desk - Ikea Hacks and Battlestation Homes

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
A good computer desk sure is hard to find. With the average consumer opting for a laptop or tablet over a desktop, the computer desk is becoming an endangered species. Thankfully there are many enthusiasts out there fighting the good fight. They coble, hack, and repurpose whatever they can find to build the ultimate station for your battlestation. This thread is to share any tips and tricks you may have when it comes setting up a home for your battlestation.

I'll kick us off with a picture of my set up at home:

eqUB2ou.jpg

RMSoG6U.jpg

vAZb8kg.jpg

If you're wondering what that monstrosity is, well it's an ikea "hack" standing desk. I followed these instructions and am pretty happy with the results.

I showed you mine, now show us yours. Let's see that desk!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I need to find some "hacks" to make my setup(s) more viable.

My personal setup:
fGYxnBM.jpg

It's just stuffed at the side of my sofa....... I move the monitor to a better angle, but typically game with a controller.

My office setup:
js5Lst1.jpg

I need to find a way to have the laptop & monitor flow a bit better. It's functional, as I typically only have my emails up on the laptop..... but would be nice to get a stand to raise it to a better height.

P.S. Not my SoA picture hanging there :lol:

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Guess who ambushed Jorge The Technician at the office!! (Spoilers: It me)

Here's some photos of the current lab in the Purch NY Office. Spoiler tag set for photo size.

yx89auf.jpg

SXliXSE.jpg