Question Showing a drive that's not there?

Mar 25, 2019
So, this computer only has one hard drive in it with three partitions on the drive: the C: drive [930.85GB], the EFI system partition (no letter) [100MB], and the recovery partition (no letter) [450MB]. Yet somehow I have a second local disk marked E: that is showing 72.8MB free of 96MB. If I try to click on it it tells me "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." I do so and it tells me "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab.", but when I click on the link (or right click and select properties) Local Disk E: doesn't have a security tab. It doesn't show up in Disk Management either. What is this nonsense and how do I get rid of it?

There is a way to remove the letter itself. But since E could be tied to C, I suggest you post a screen capt of the results from the list volume command below. We'll see what you got before deciding to remove the letter.

start command prompt as administrator

Enter diskpart

Enter list volume (to see which if any volume has letter E)

[Post a picture at this point. If every thing looks OK you can proceed with]

Enter select volume E

Enter remove letter=E