Shows windows booting but black screens after its supposed to show desktop

OutOfAmmo907

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
On my old PC setup I ran 2 HDDs, one for my OS, one for my data. My OS drive got corrupted. I had to reinstall everything over to my 1TB data drive on a fresh copy of Windows 7 (I had windows 10 in the past, so its a downgrade). Everything was going normal during the new installation of the operating system. After the operating system was installed I was going about what you do and getting my graphics drivers for my graphics card (Geforce GTX 750 TI, I had it overclocked on my last setup before I had to restore). I also downloaded MSi afterburner to check my clock speeds to see if the overclock transferred, but it is all reading 0 everything. Every piece of information is reading 0. I think its because my drivers arent installed because whenever I install my graphics drivers... I can boot up windows just fine, the little four squares pop up and it boots, but when its supposed to show my desktop, its gives no output and my 32" TV reads no signal. I have tried uninstalling those drivers and manually installing drivers that I searched for on Nvidia's website, no luck problem reoccurred. I have checked Device Manager and it reads my current display adapter as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" which if I am correct is just the OS standard driver, and not my graphics card. I have tried to update the drivers for the standard graphics adapter but it just infinite loads and brings up nothing. Please help me out if you can, I would appreciate any input :)

Side note: I am currently taking a course where I get the PC Pro certification and the COMPTia A+ also. What are other certifications that are good to have before I complete highschool and try to get into the IT field?

Solution

OutOfAmmo907

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from OutOfAmmo907 : "Black screen after windows boots"

My computer will boot and show the starting symbol like the square icon for windows 7 and all. When its supposed to show the first screen that says "Welcome" or whatever it black screens. I have recently restored this PC due to a corrupted drive I removed from my system. It only happens when I have the drivers installed for my Geforce GTX 750 TI. I had a Overclock on it before i restored my system but whenever I get afterburner which is the program I used to originally OC it, it all displays 0, I believe due to not having my drivers installed. The drivers install fine, I had an error where it would just stop loading when it got to the .NET framework, so I installed the .NET framework installer and installed a new fresh copy of that, then installed my drivers they installed fine. I had the same problem before I restored my PC, that was why I restored it in the first place. My thought right now is a dead graphics card...

bailojustin

Distinguished

If my post above did not work for you, then yes, most likely you OC'd the card to much, a chip on the card most likely hit its TJ max and no longer works as intended, thats why you are missing out on lanes of data. the card most likely is still there and functioning but software aspect and more complex card functions are gone.

Solution