Shutdown during cpu intense apps

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
When i run games or prime95 my computer ends up shutting down in 4-10 minutes. About 4 minutes on prime95. There is nothing that happens prior to shutdown. It is instantaneous. It's the same as if i powered the machine of myself. I replaced my psu, video cards, ram, heat is not an issue and i still have this problem. I'm going to test my rig with a different cpu now. Do people usually have trouble with their A8n SLI Premium mobo?

AMD athlon 2.2ghz 64bit 4200+
Vapochill Micro
eVGA 7900gt sli @ 550mhz
Fortron FX700-GLN psu
Asus A8n SLI premium
74gb WD raptor
300gb Maxtor Diamond
Corsair x2 1gb XMS ddr400
Air cooled: x3 80mm, x2 120mm

netspiderz-net

Distinguished
May 12, 2006
I had same problem few days ago. I solved the problem only removing lot of dust from the CPU's fan and everything went back to normal.
The dast was causing over-heating of the CPU 'freezing' the computer. I was unable to run any game for more than 2-3 minutes or less.

I hope that this can help solve your problem.

I had same problem few days ago. I solved the problem only removing lot of dust from the CPU's fan and everything went back to normal.
The dast was causing over-heating of the CPU 'freezing' the computer. I was unable to run any game for more than 2-3 minutes or less.

I hope that this can help solve your problem.

Either that, or you have very bad airflow.

Are you overclocking your CPU?

Your GPU is also overclocked kinda high as well and dishes out a good deal of heat.

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Like i said, heat isnt an issue. Graphics cards which are company overclocked stick to 50-55 degrees celcius with load. My cpu is not overclocked and not overheating at all...I asked some people at a local hardware store if i could borrow a processor to troubleshoot with since i only have this one but they told me i would have to leave it there and let them do it. Those greedy... Only things left to check are the motherboard and cpu.