Shutdown in sleep mode

finalguy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
so this is a fresh build. only 5 days old. everything seems to be running perfect, and i have all of the updates/drivers/etc installed.

i5 2500k- not overclocked yet
asus maximus iv extreme-z z68 chipset mobo
antec trupower 1200 psu
evga geforce 570
ocz vertex 3 120gig ssd
win 7 home

ok so heres the issue. i like my comps to go to sleep so as to not waste power/generate room heat/ collect dust/etc. has always worked fine before and recently(as in the last couple of years) i have been able to put them into a deep sleep(example wife's liquid cooled pc has all fans/lights and pump shut down or at least go very slow). with this build i'd like to do the same because its not load per se but when watching tv in the same room the lights and fan noise are noticeable. when i set my power savings to no screen saver/mon off after 10 mins/system off after 20 mins i thought that would be the end of it, but since then once the system hit the sleep time its shuts all the way off it seems. when waking my keyboard lights up again but i get nothing else. i have to hit the power button it get it to come back on, and then it gives be a full post before telling me that windows was not shut down correctly/would i like to boot up in safe mode. i checked the event logs and it just says windows shut down incorrectly with time stamp.

WHY IS IT DOING THIS?

post script, since the lions share of info on this type of issue is on laptop forms, i checked out what info i could there. one suggested making sure the harddrive was set to never turn off. this sounds like the right idea, but im concerned that it might also be a really bad idea. i have an ssd, so should i never let it sleep or will that burn it out quickly?

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Maybe is the motherboard, If you look for your motherboard u will see that theres a Rev.3.0 , there was alot of Bugs with going to sleep and not powering up anymore with the z68 early motherboards. Maybe you have one of this motherboards and you already downloaded the Fix Driver and this is avoiding the sleep mode, WHAT A FIX... -.-