Shutdown issue, hangs every time, no matter the OS

invader7

Reputable
Aug 16, 2014
Hello, its my first time asking here, but not the first reading this site. Great place to be !! thank you for all the times.

This time its my turn to publish my strange amilo problem!!

Amilo pro v2045 is my patient laptop, after years finally i had time and spare parts to bring it to life again and i made it, barely.. It's functional but the only real pain is the shutdown issue.

Whatever OS, when i click shutdown button, it hand on shutting down screen, windows xp, windows 7, ubuntu, etc...

First the spin off sound from the fans and HDD and then the mouse is frozen and i have to shut it down holding the button.

Hiren's boot cd is my friend, so i checked RAM, CPU and SSD, every seems GREAT... and that the real pain...

Any ideas ?? thanks !!!

invader7

Reputable
Aug 16, 2014

It's a really old story, tried a lot different things and from GPU i jumped to motherboard. Yes i got an SSD for this laptop, different RAM and GPU. Motherboard is "brand new" from eBay, i don't think it has a real problem.

The used parts are the RAM, CPU and GPU.

My real problem is that i can't test the faulty part, if it was RAM i could find it, if it was SSD i could find it, hiren's is my friend with the diagnostic utilities it contains, but how to check the motherboard :/

I know its not worth it, but its like a personal bet for me from now on... :p