Shutdown Problem

saurabh

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Greetings to all,

I have a problem in shutting down my computer. When i click on
start -> shutdown and then select shutdown and ok...it holds at windows is
shutting down screen. but it does not show the screen its now safe to turn of
your computer. It even doesnt restart the computer. My computer config is P4,
512 mb ram, 865 chipset intel motherboard and 80gb harddisk.

Tried : I have format and re-install but the problem persists.

Is there any settings in CMOS ?

Awaiting for your kind help.

Regds,
Saurabh.

Click Start>Run, type MSCONFIG and click OK.
On the General tab, click the Advanced button.
Click to put a check mark in the box for "Disable fast shutdown", and click OK.
Click OK to close Msconfig, and restart the computer.

If that does not help, or if the box was already checked or wasn't there, go here:
Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter:
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Saurabh" <Saurabh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings to all,
>
> I have a problem in shutting down my computer. When i click on
> start -> shutdown and then select shutdown and ok...it holds at windows is
> shutting down screen. but it does not show the screen its now safe to turn of
> your computer. It even doesnt restart the computer. My computer config is P4,
> 512 mb ram, 865 chipset intel motherboard and 80gb harddisk.
>
> Tried : I have format and re-install but the problem persists.
>
> Is there any settings in CMOS ?
>
> Awaiting for your kind help.
>
> Regds,
> Saurabh.