shutdown problems

My older computer that runs a couple of dos applications
out of 95 has a problem shutting down. Whan I
select "shutdown" the computer it just hangs with the blue
clound screen and the hard drive light stays on. What is
causing this and what is the solution?. Thanks for your
reply.

Russell Rising

Russell Rising wrote:
> My older computer that runs a couple of dos applications
> out of 95 has a problem shutting down. Whan I
> select "shutdown" the computer it just hangs with the blue
> clound screen and the hard drive light stays on. What is
> causing this and what is the solution?. Thanks for your
> reply.

The original Windows shutdown troubleshooter, first written for Windows 95:
http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows http://aumha.org/
AumHa Forums: http://forum.aumha.org/