Shutdown when inserting Graphics Card.

One Trick Yasuo

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
So around 3 years ago, i came across this problem of whenever i would put in my ASUS GeForce 650, My computer would turn on for less than a second, the shut down. Whenever i take my Graphics card out, the computer runs normally. This did happen before until i moved my computer from one room to another. I didn't know what was wrong with my PC so for 3 years I've been in this state of mind with thinking its my GPU or my PSU. Whenever i googled for help i always get an answer of one or the other. I know its been 3 years and my Parts are outdated but i want to find the solution so i can start working on upgrading.

GPU: Asus NVIDIA GTX 650 1GB
PSU: Corsair VS 450w (Black Sticker, Orange 'VS', White '450' )
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2
CPU: AMD A4-4000 APU with Raedon HD Graphics 3.00 Ghz

In 3 years you couldn't find a friend or computer shop that could test your videocard or PSU?

I'm wondering, can you install the card but connect your monitor to the motherboard graphics port, so you can boot into your bios? In other words, have the card in the computer but don't try to use it. Will the computer boot up or does it still shut down?

One Trick Yasuo

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Ok, you might have found the problem, maybe not in the way you intended but still. After reading i turned my PC off. took the power cable out from the back. press the power button on the front for safe measures, then i inserted my graphics card, placing the 6-Pin in. Nothing else was connected to the graphics card. When i put the Power cable back in and turned it on. it started to run normally. then the LED lights on my case started to flash on and off. then it died. The graphics card then started to produce smoke coming from the fan. Im guess the problem was the graphics card, but i could be wrong. and would any other component be affected by what just happened?

One Trick Yasuo

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

I'm able to turn my pc on, its running like normal. so maybe i got lucky with this.

TRENDING THREADS