Apr 1, 2013
My full build:
AMD 5900x
EVGA RTX 3070
MSI X570-A PRO
2TB SSD
64GB DDR4 RAM
Corsair TX850M Gold PSU

I noticed this behavior when I was trying to stream to twitch and when I used x264 encoding, my CPU would pick up a load and my GPU was handling the game and then the computer turns off completely. No freeze, no crash, just straight shut off and it's not like it restarted by itself. I would need to push the power button again to get it to boot and it would start again normally. Like it never noticed it crashed. So I tried downloading furMark and ran the CPU benchmark and the GPU benchmark independently and it was perfectly fine. Once I ran both of them at the same time, the computer would turn off and there's an audible click. I'm just trying to make sure if it's possibly my PSU or even my motherboard. I did buy the motherboard used and it was working flawless but I never tried dressing the CPU and GPU at the same time before.

If anyone has any more tests I can do or offer any insight in how to fix this before resorting to a replacement PSU would be greatly appreciated. I never over clocked my GPU or CPU and even while monitoring temps it never gets too hot that I can see.

Solution
Once I ran both of them at the same time, the computer would turn off and there's an audible click. I'm just trying to make sure if it's possibly my PSU or even my motherboard. I did buy the motherboard used and it was working flawless but I never tried dressing the CPU and GPU at the same time before.
This audible click makes me think it is the power supplies safety feature activating such as OCP or OPP.

DaGamingDragon

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
What was the temperature when the computer shutdowns?

Was having difficulty figuring that out. During an independent test, it stays at 90C under load and power doesn't go over 140W
GPU independently doesn't go over 85C under load. I can't get the temps together because the system turns off in about 5 seconds.

Was having difficulty figuring that out. During an independent test, it stays at 90C under load and power doesn't go over 140W
GPU independently doesn't go over 85C under load. I can't get the temps together because the system turns off in about 5 seconds.

Does your Bios have an auto-shutdown feature? Some Bios can automatically turn the computer off based on a preset CPU temperature.

Once I ran both of them at the same time, the computer would turn off and there's an audible click. I'm just trying to make sure if it's possibly my PSU or even my motherboard. I did buy the motherboard used and it was working flawless but I never tried dressing the CPU and GPU at the same time before.
This audible click makes me think it is the power supplies safety feature activating such as OCP or OPP.

Solution