Question Shutting down

Nov 17, 2018
Hi.
I installed windows 10 on my pc
It installed but i dont know out of nowhere it shut down and then turned on again to the asus repair screen, i tried twice installing windows but it keeps shutting down automatically;~;
Any idea what maybe the problem ?

Nov 17, 2018
Was the shutdown during the install process or after?

What are specs of PC? Is it a custom PC or brand name? If custom, what parts? If brand name, what make/model?

It happened again so i have no hopes now.
I installed windows 10 and after installation I installed the drivers then idk it shutt down and went to repair mode on its own.
Its a custom build
Motherboard: asus a320m
8gb corsair ram
Ryzen 3 1300 processor
Gtx 1060 3gb mini by gigabyte
1 hdd
Cx 500 corsair smps

May 29, 2019
Does the screen go blank, or does the system completely shut down (no lights, fans off, etc.)? If it is a hard reboot (meaning a full system shutdown), I would be quick to blame the PSU. Most of the other components in the system would at least give you a BSOD, but a hard reboot might mean a dead power supply.

If it does not turn all the way off (meaning you only loose the display, and not the entire system) I would re-seat everything (especially the video card and RAM) and check for broken pins on the CPU socket.

I feel your pain. I had to deal with a busted PSU a few months back on my primary system, and spent way too long trying to identify it as the issue. If you eventually reach a point where you just don't know what to do, I would just buy a new one.

If you buy another one, and you figure out yours was dead, problem solved. If you buy another PSU and your system was fine, you just have an extra PSU lying around (which is not a bad thing, as most power supplies are hot-swappable/it gives you an extra troubleshooting tool).

Also, you could try clearing the CMOS by unplugging your system and holding down the power button for 15-ish seconds. There might be a weird BIOS setting that is forcing a reboot before you load the operating system.

Nov 17, 2018
Does the screen go blank, or does the system completely shut down (no lights, fans off, etc.)? If it is a hard reboot (meaning a full system shutdown), I would be quick to blame the PSU. Most of the other components in the system would at least give you a BSOD, but a hard reboot might mean a dead power supply.

If it does not turn all the way off (meaning you only loose the display, and not the entire system) I would re-seat everything (especially the video card and RAM) and check for broken pins on the CPU socket.

I feel your pain. I had to deal with a busted PSU a few months back on my primary system, and spent way too long trying to identify it as the issue. If you eventually reach a point where you just don't know what to do, I would just buy a new one.

If you buy another one, and you figure out yours was dead, problem solved. If you buy another PSU and your system was fine, you just have an extra PSU lying around (which is not a bad thing, as most power supplies are hot-swappable/it gives you an extra troubleshooting tool).

Also, you could try clearing the CMOS by unplugging your system and holding down the power button for 15-ish seconds. There might be a weird BIOS setting that is forcing a reboot before you load the operating system.

I don’t think so its a psu problem
I switch it on and then after sometime it shuts off then restarts on its own!! Automatically goes into windows recovery mode..

May 29, 2019
I switch it on and then after sometime it shuts off then restarts on its own!!

This is the exact problem I had. You get in, think everything is fine, maybe even start up a game. Then out of nowhere: shutdown. Fans off, lights off, everything. Then the system reboots.

Windows goes into recovery mode when it thinks something is wrong; something like the system unexpectedly loosing power. A hard reboot caused by power failure is like yanking the cord out of the wall, and it sends the system into panic mode.

If you still have not found a solution, I would highly recommend trying to find another power supply to check your system with.

Nov 17, 2018
This is the exact problem I had. You get in, think everything is fine, maybe even start up a game. Then out of nowhere: shutdown. Fans off, lights off, everything. Then the system reboots.

Windows goes into recovery mode when it thinks something is wrong; something like the system unexpectedly loosing power. A hard reboot caused by power failure is like yanking the cord out of the wall, and it sends the system into panic mode.

If you still have not found a solution, I would highly recommend trying to find another power supply to check your system with.
Pau is working like the fan is lol

Make sure your computer case is free from accumulated dust, especially the PSU intake, fans and vents. Also, your motherboard has integrated graphics, until you work this out, you might want to pull your graphics card and attach your monitor to the onboard graphics plug. Anytime you have a hard boot, do a cold boot, turn off your PC, unplug form the wall, press the power button for about 5 seconds, wait 10 minutes, plug your PC back in and press the power button to start. This will clear any data remaining in your RAM.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018
Make sure your computer case is free from accumulated dust, especially the PSU intake, fans and vents. Also, your motherboard has integrated graphics, until you work this out, you might want to pull your graphics card and attach your monitor to the onboard graphics plug. Anytime you have a hard boot, do a cold boot, turn off your PC, unplug form the wall, press the power button for about 5 seconds, wait 10 minutes, plug your PC back in and press the power button to start. This will clear any data remaining in your RAM.
No on-board display my processor doesn’t have its ryzen 3 1300 and my gpu i got it replaced 2 days ago