Shuttle SB61G2 V3 boot-up abnormality

Hi everyone

My Shuttle SB61G2 V3 experiences an "normality" during boot-up.

EVERY TIME the PC is started, the boot-up process halts at the POST screen a
nd this message appears:

"Warning: The boot devices have been changed. BBS boot priority will be affe
cted. Please enter setup to check

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter startup"

The hard disk (Western Digital SATA WD2000JD 200GB) is NOT "recognized" or "
seen", with only a Combo drive displayed as an IDE Channel 1 Slave.

(1) Pressing F1 leads to boot failure.

or

(2) After pressing DEL to enter BIOS setup, making NO changes and exiting by
pressing F10, the above message appears again but the hard disk is now disp
layed as an IDE Channel 0 Slave device. Pressing F1 now enables the Shuttle
to boot normally.

(This happens EVERY TIME the PC is started, even though the DEL button is ne
ver pressed during boot-up.)

BIOS: Phoenix 6.00PG 6/14/2004
Motherboard: FB61S30H Intel Springdale-G+ICH5

The OS is WinXP with SP2, with all motherboard drivers installed.

Boot sequence: hard disk/CDROM/floppy drive

Any pointers or suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

w333

Why don't you have the combo as master? This may be your problem.
I assume the ICH5 bios is turned on.
Go to you bios setup and choose "advanced bios feature"/"Hard Disk boot
priority"/Other USB devices...... as the first boot device.
On my ST61G4, everytime I change a USB device(HDD or memcard), I have to
reset the boot priority.