Shuttle's New Mini Features Satellite TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone squat

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
What is so great about it? I could build one of those crappy shuttles for WAY less than they're asking. Why do people want such small little boxes? If you aren't man enough to carry a mid-size or full size ATX case then you shouldn't have a computer. Laptops are ideal for portability. If you're going to have a desktop don't get one of these. Build your own and save a buttload of cash. Why does Tom's keep coming out with these advertising articles? At least give benchmarks of temperatures and noise figures - at LEAST some performance numbers. This is purely an advertisment. LAME.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
When did computer manufacturers start thinking they can charge outrageous prices for their products? 2009 is the Year of Retarded Computer Pricing.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
The MSI Wind Nettop D130 FTW. Save a couple grand and have most of the functionality. Shuttle is a good company but the kits seems awful pricey.
I want to know more about this satellite card. I'm on the DISH network, so I how much is the card and how is this going to work better than the DVR they already offer? Is there copy protection to overcome for HD content?

thedipper

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]cletus_slackjawd[/nom]The MSI Wind Nettop D130 FTW. Save a couple grand and have most of the functionality. Shuttle is a good company but the kits seems awful pricey.I want to know more about this satellite card. I'm on the DISH network, so I how much is the card and how is this going to work better than the DVR they already offer? Is there copy protection to overcome for HD content?[/citation]

Since Apple came along.

G

I had hoped I could find one with an antenna to pick up HD-TV signals, or satellite.

That costs the user nothing.

Also playback of blueray/dvd/HD h264 etc...

flemlion

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
The DVB-T tuner is for Terrestrial reception, the digital version for picking up digital TV signals using an antenna. It's not really foreseen to carry HDTV, for that purpose the second generation DVB-T2 is being defined.
Note that with digital, you might need a subscription to decode what you pick-up with your antenna.

For satellite TV reception you need the DVB-S tuner, or even better a DVB-S2 tuner. As with DVB-T, the DVB-S2 is more suited for HD-TV, even though BBC HD is transmitted over DVB-S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS