Shuttle's Thin DS81 Barebone is Tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firion87

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I had the DS61, dropped in a i3 2100 and a ssd and somehow it didn't had the same oumpf as when that cpu and ssd was put into a normal desktop...

Firion87

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012

Well I want to see how you use your keyboard and mouse under windows on usb 3.0 after freshly installing the os. As far as I tried there are no drivers on windows for usb 3.0 as I sad I owned a Shuttle DS61 and had luck with a wireless mouse+keyboard combo on one dongle and another usb 2.0 free port for the usb stick with the drivers. Until I installed the driver nothing else worked on USB 3.0.

George K

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
There are 6xUSB2 and 2xUSB3. This is limitation of the Intel chipset they used in this build (H81).

I like the cooling of this thing. It has a large heatsink with 2 fans that makes direct contact with the CPU. You can have twice as fast machine than the NUC at the same price point and still keep it somewhat compact and quiet.

While I see your argument as valid and Microsoft Windows seems to have a problem with USB 3.0. My question is, ask yourself is there anything you can do to make YOUR computer function the way YOU want.

Status
Not open for further replies.