guinness

There should really be a Shwag section under Arcade on Ebay. Every time I
search for something, I have to be sure to add a bunch of stuff to filter
out the garbage. So, to search say Asteroids, I have to type..

Asteroids -CD -Keychain -Sticker -Shirt -Magnet -Clock -MAME

Theres only so many SeaWolf magnets and Tron clocks I need to see every day.
I'm just waiting for Namco Underoos to pop up next.. :D

tim (NH)

Or you could simply order the results by highest price first.

Charlie

"guinness" <guinnessREMOVE@aspi.net> wrote in message
> There should really be a Shwag section under Arcade on Ebay. Every time I
> search for something, I have to be sure to add a bunch of stuff to filter
> out the garbage. So, to search say Asteroids, I have to type..
>
> Asteroids -CD -Keychain -Sticker -Shirt -Magnet -Clock -MAME
>
> Theres only so many SeaWolf magnets and Tron clocks I need to see every
day.
> I'm just waiting for Namco Underoos to pop up next.. :D
>
> tim (NH)

guinness

My example was for filter demonstration purposes....not the item searched.
There are game related items that come up that go in the same price range as
"clock" that are valid parts I want to see.

tim (NH)

"Charles Moseley" <charles@danbystreet.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> Or you could simply order the results by highest price first.
>
> Charlie
>

> "guinness" <guinnessREMOVE@aspi.net> wrote in message
>> There should really be a Shwag section under Arcade on Ebay. Every time
>> search for something, I have to be sure to add a bunch of stuff to filter
>> out the garbage. So, to search say Asteroids, I have to type..
>>
>> Asteroids -CD -Keychain -Sticker -Shirt -Magnet -Clock -MAME
>>
>> Theres only so many SeaWolf magnets and Tron clocks I need to see every
> day.
>> I'm just waiting for Namco Underoos to pop up next.. :D
>>
>> tim (NH)

Just simply set up and save a search in the master Arcade category with all
the exclusions you want. Browse the category with a "NOT" search rather than
a browse. (You don't need to specify something you are searching for)

Mine is this:
-("on cd",megatouch,acceptor,poker,merit,cherry,novus,"golden tee"," mvs ","
neo geo ",neogeo,speedup,playchoice,"control panel overlay","arcade side
art")

That leaves me with 2999 hits right now vs 3605 hits (17% fewer) Then if I
am looking for something specific I just add the keyword to the end of the
line after the )