Shwonig single Core where my CPU is Dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayantho_sahoo

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hello,
I am having a M2n MX Motherboard with Windws 7 OS installed. The PC is working fine but in Task bar it is showing only single core where as my Mother board in Bios says its Dual core

Solution
Task bar? you mean task manager? Open the device manager, then look under computer. It should say something like ACPI MultiProcessor PC. If it doesn't say multiprocessor, then the wrong HAL is installed. You may be able to right click on that setting and try to update the driver to the correct one, or possibly delete the entry and reboot and hopefully windows will detect the correct one and install it, but a clean install should fix it.
Task bar? you mean task manager? Open the device manager, then look under computer. It should say something like ACPI MultiProcessor PC. If it doesn't say multiprocessor, then the wrong HAL is installed. You may be able to right click on that setting and try to update the driver to the correct one, or possibly delete the entry and reboot and hopefully windows will detect the correct one and install it, but a clean install should fix it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.