Siberia v2---should I get a sound card?

Fuzzmonster

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
Is the Siberia v2 good enough that a dedicated sound card would be worth it?

It sounded a bit tinny so I was wondering if a sound card would solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Solution

That board has a pretty decent sound card, try playing with the EQ to find the tune you're looking for.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

There's a good chance that's your headset's problem and not your onboard DAC. Unless it's complete garbage.

Found from a quick google search: "Lack of bass output further diminishes realistic sound production - gunshots, explosions, etc. sound "tinny" and fake".

TheMentalist

Distinguished

The Siberia's aren't great at bass, I didn't get the V3, but V2 was good in the mid and high tones.
Mostly the sound is optimized by software on lower end headsets.

TheMentalist

Distinguished

Most of the time I go by the info on the net too, but the Siberia's were close for being labeled 'good' headsets, so I tried them. I was kinda disappointed.I still like a good headphone over headsets.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

I've been using that site for a while now. Currently saving up for a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros ( 80 or 250 ohms) and plan to build a CMOY amp during Christmas break.

Fuzzmonster

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
Sorry I took so long to get back...

I have a msi gaming 5, and I've messed around with the software so I suppose it's the headphones fault.
Thanks for answering guys!
I'll pick the BA in a bit.

TheMentalist

Distinguished

That board has a pretty decent sound card, try playing with the EQ to find the tune you're looking for.

Solution